Self-Study Internal Alchemy Solo Methods for Regeneration of Jing, Qi, and Shen (not partner training methods)
Individual Seminar Options:
Female Cultivation Seminar
Male Cultivation Seminar
This program includes the recordings from two seminars Stuart led in the Fall of 2023 on Taoist Dual Cultivation methods. The talks focus on the methods and information for increasing sexual health, vitality, and spiritual experience. In Taoism, Dual Cultivation means using your own contemplative and sexual energies to lead you toward awakening your spirit. These seminars provide information on how to individually strive for this goal. They are not about partaking in partner training.
Although this program is divided into Feminine and Masculine Energy Arts, they are meant to teach people how to harmonize yin and yang energies within themselves, so the seminars integrate and overlap with each other and it’s best to learn the information from both.
The seminars are designed to aid students in the development of their Jing (Essence) Energy (body/sexual energy), which furthers their development and experience of Qi (Vital} Energy (breath), and, thus, leads to awakening their Shen (Spirit) Energy (consciousness and mind-intent).
Feminine Yin-Energy Cultivation Seminar
Stuart discusses the following teachings from his book Daoist Sexual Arts: A Guide for Attaining Health, Youthfulness, Vitality, and Awakening the Spirit:
- Immortal He Xiangu’s Methods for Cultivating and Reducing the Menses and Restoring the Breasts.
- Immortals Su Nu and Xuan Nu’s Methods of the Nine Female Energies and Cultivating the Five Dragons (external and internal versions for females). Su Nu and Xian Nu are attendants of Xi Wangmu (Western Royal Mother).
- Sun Bu’er’s Methods for Nourishing the Yang Spirit.
- Stuart also gives a talk on the purposes of the Three Dan Tians.
From these immortals (He Xiangu, Xi Wangmu’s attendants Su Nu and Xuan Nu, and Sun Bu’er), the Taoist sexual-alchemy teachings were first passed on to future generations.
Masculine Yang-Energy Cultivation Seminar
Stuart discusses the following teachings from Daoist Sexual Arts:
- Zhang Sanfeng’s Nine Fundamentals on Gathering Qi
- The Yellow Emperor Huang Di’s Instructions on Enhancing Sexual Prowess and Vitality and The Five Dragons (external and internal versions for males)
- The 250-year-old Man Li Qingyun’s teachings on Preserving Vitality and Nourishing the Yin Spirit (Rosy Clouds techniques).
- Stuart also gives a talk on the explanation and purposes of the Six Taboos.
“I wish only that you had the breadth of vision to perceive that the path of a green dragon [Taoist male cultivator] and white tiger [Taoist female cultivator] and the path of chastity run parallel. Those who engage in dual cultivation with deep sincerity are no less pure in heart than lifelong celibates, for both have abandoned the trivial preoccupations of worldly persons to seek an exalted goal.”
—The Abbot of the Cloud Valley Hermitage
From The Secret and Sublime by John Blofeld